Finally decided to take on the upstairs bedrooms. With only one daughter left at home, it's a lot easier to tear apart a room and be able to close the door at the end of the day instead of working around someone living in the room.
So first up was our 9th graders room. We tore off the wallpaper to find plaster that wasn't worth saving.
So we tore off the plaster and then the wood lath on the outside walls so that we could put in new insulation. John's parents lent a hand and saved us a lot of time...thanks Gma and Gpa:)
John finishing a section of wood lath destruction.
Discovered that this 9 X 15 room actually used to have 3 windows. Wow. Decided not to listen to my daughter and reinstate another window for her. She will have to keep living with only one window:(
Last but not least in the demolition. We ripped up the old...probably 30 year old carpet to find a nice smooth wood floor beneath to refinish. It's always good to add another project to the timeline:)
That's all for one day. We worked from 7am until 11:30pm. Tired but happy! Tomorrow we put up the insulation and the drywall.
I grew up and have lived in Iowa until recently when I moved to a small town in Illinois to begin a new chapter in my life which includes a loving supportive husband and numerous grandchildren to spoil. I have three beautiful daughters and a Miniature Schnauzer. I'm interested in anything that supports healthy families and healthy lifestyles.
Starting Plants Indoors